Grace the Dog Makes Another Appearance

Mary Kemp - Grace the Dog Makes Another Appearance
Despite the dull weather I have been painting in the studio today from first thing, using natural light, although I think I shall have to use the daylight bulbs for the next few months. You can see by my photos that the light is not good.
I wanted to paint the Border Collie Grace again, remembering her joyousness from the summer, so here she is for the third time with one of the family before rushing off into the sea.
I've photographed my palette too to give you an idea of the colours I'm using.
Palette - Titanium white, buff titanium, Naples yellow, raw sienna, burnt sienna, Venetian red, raw umber, yellow ochre, ultramarine violet, cobalt blue, cerulean blue, lamp black 

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...