This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Thursday, 13 December 2012

Beat Those Winter Blues with Bright Watercolours.

Dr. Martins Hydrus Watercolour
I treated myself to some wonderful Dr Martins Hydrus Watercolours from Jacksons. They are beautiful, I've always struggled in the past to get the intensity of colour I wanted in watercolour but these seem to zing off the page, and they tell me they're lightfast which Dr Martins Brilliant Watercolours weren't.
So I did a very quick watery painting of some apples and went a bit overboard with the colours. Oh joy. I had some trouble with the cobalt violet which seems to have congealed in the bottle, but Jacksons are sending me a replacement.

Mary Kemp - Winter Apples

No comments:

Post a Comment