Polly Morgan - Taxidermy Artist

I have just watched a BBC Four programme about the artist  Polly Morgan in the series What Do Artists Do All Day.
I was so impressed with her innovation and craftmanship, why haven't I come across her before?
She's a taxidermy artist who uses stuffed animals to convey her ideas. Having seen lots of Victorian stuffed animals, especially Walter Potter's weird and wonderful tableaux and had a sort of gruesome fascination for them I was pleased to see the art carried on.
The programme gave an insight into Polly's working methods, and I was pleased to see she does a fair amount of thinking and walking back and forth.
However I don't think I will be following in her footsteps. just a step too far for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...