Picture Frames Are Not MeantTo Be Noticed

Oh damn ! That perennial conundrum, what frame to use.
I struggle with choosing the right surround for my work. I wish someone would come along
and do it for me. My beloved is a picture framer but that only leads to discussions/ arguments.
What I really want is a frame that enhances and finishes off my paintings, one that is lightweight and not prone to damage and one that fits in with everyone's decor and taste, and of course  doesn't cost a lot !

These are what I am using at the moment.
The one on the top left is the latest one, and I am experimenting with putting oil paintings under glass with a mount.

Of course really no one cares about your frame, like a good cup of tea it's just got to be there and taken for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...