Sketching in the Garden - Sunny Day

Mary Kemp  - Pencil Sketch
I loved the way these pots grouped themselves together - nothing to do with me - so as I sat with a cup of  coffee I drew them quickly.                                            I wanted to get the lights and darks down so used a lovely soft 7B pencil and just drew. I had several attempts. You're not seeing the one that ended up a mess ! I used a small amount of colour by way of Derwent Softcolour pencils. I also tried to create some white with an electric erasure but it didn't produce a nice white area, just a grey streak.
The paper is extra white cartridge, not very thick but the pencil glides across. Scrumptious !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...