Goodbye Favourite Picture ! Thanks to Peterborough Artists' Open Studio.

Mary Kemp - Before the Growing Season
It's weird really that I feel a little sadness at saying gooodbye to one of the paintings I feel quite proud of.
I felt I'd done a good job with this picture, composition, colour, execution, all that sort of thing.
During my open studio event a lady came and said she'd bought a postcard of it two years ago and wished she'd bought the original. I had to scrabble around in my store, aka spare bedroom, to find it ! But to cut a long story short she now owns it and it is destined for a more varied life on an office wall instead of in my spare bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...