Start Young, Draw BIG.

It's the school holidays in case you haven't noticed. Three lively children of my family came to stay for a couple of days.
Drawing Big.
The weather was boiling hot. (It's gone a bit cooler now) We weren't up to rushing about so as usually happens on their visits I get them drawing. It amazes me what manual skill they have and how quickly they learn, and how observant they can be. It also amazes me what rubbish they watch on television.
Anyway we found some charcoal and some shells and some very big pieces of paper and this is what happened. I wanted them to draw large, girls particularly seem to like small detailed pictures but drawing big and not very cleanly gives them a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...