Keeping Track of the Artwork

It is a sad fact that my art is not snapped up the minute it leaves the easel.
Therefore I need a system for keeping tabs on it. Over the years I've had several goes at this with limited success.
Files on the computer are essential for preserving images and data about the work, but it takes time to locate and you can't keep a lot of info with the image.
Mary Kemp - Filing system?
So my latest idea, one I've had boiling in my brain for a while, is a digital inventory but with an old fashioned card index where I keep data on the life of the artwork.
I also have a little book with each venue and occasion and what I have there.
Is that enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...