On the Rocks. (I Paint in Twos.)

I paint in twos quite often. If I can't decide which way I want a painting to go I'll start two from the same beginning.
Mary Kemp - On the Rocks. x2

This is a scene from a family holiday in the Canaries, the sea was deep and churning. It reminded me of Cornwall.
I used different grounds for the paintings. The first my usual canvas panel, quite a smooth weave, the other was on a natural coloured coarser primed stretched canvas. I'd bought 4 of them when they were on offer at Great Art.
The latter I finished quickly, the neutral ground helping and also having a fresh perspective to a familiar subject.
The painting on the white canvas I will tackle today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...