This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Monday, 24 February 2014

Colour Chart.

One of the blogs I regularly read is  Jeanette Jobson, the Illustrated Life . She has been writing about colour charts.
Of course I really ought to know that this is a GOOD IDEA. But then again I do stumble through my art on occasions and only get there by trial and error.
So I have started a series of colour charts. When you think of how many colours you use, I regularly use about 16, and then do the maths, it becomes obvious that there's an awful lot of combinations, particularly if you use white as well.
For my first chart I have used lemon yellow mixed with only 6 colours and white, there wasn't room for more on the paper. It may well need some rethinking , but this is my first attempt.
I can see that this will be a mammoth task.

No comments:

Post a Comment