Cerulean Blue, a Deep Blue Sky in a Tube.

Oh, how beautiful cerulean blue is !
It is the brightest, purist most uplifting colour in existence.
Here's the technical bit:
Cerulean is an organic synthetic mineral made by the calcination of tin salts and silica with cobalt sulphate. It's fairly new , having been created in 1805 , sold in Germany in the 1800's and introduced into the English market in the 1860's.

My tube of Windsor and Newton's cerulean blue.
How could you not like cerulean blue, a deep blue sky in a tube.
It is on the yellow side of blue and when mixed with red gives a dull purple. I think I ought to do a colour chart with it as the main ingredient.
Here are bits of my paintings that feature cerulean blue.






If you'd like to see more go to my website www.marykemp.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...