When Disaster Stalks the Studio.

Do you think this painting looks innocent?

Did you see it couldn't hurt a fly?

Mary Kemp. Grace the Border Collie

You're quite right.I think it means no harm to any one, at all. In fact I quite like it.
The red is a departure from my usual predominately blue palette, and Grace the beautiful border collie looks particularly fetching in the dying rays of the sun.

A morning's painting lay ahead, and all was well with the world.
And I was secure in the knowledge that if anything were to go wrong in the studio it would be tidiness related.
Nothing to worry about.
Here I was in a calm disaster free zone with music playing in the background and purposeful activity abounding.

But Monday was different, and the next thing that happened was just so silly and so stupid.

In order to add a bit of colour to the grass in the foreground I moved the painting onto the lip at the front.

And I'm sure you can guess what happened next.

Yes.  Bang! My beautiful, blameless painting slipped carefully off the easel, slowly, gently aiming for the floor.

Have I told you how sturdy mdf board can be?
Have I told you I wish I'd been wearing steel toe caps?

The board plunged onto my girly delicate ballerina shoes and homed like a heat seeking missile onto a very vulnerable toe.
I won't bore you with the gory details but I now have the most bruised toe you have ever seen, in shades of ultramarine, alizarin crimson and ultramarine violet.

It was suggested I fill in an accident form, but it seemed rather a waste of time because I'd have to give it to myself.

So I now know my studio is a dangerous place and I should wear sturdy shoes

The picture wasn't damaged, in fact I've worked on it since and it's looking even better.

I'll post it on my Facebook Page when it's finished.

More paintings of Grace the border collie.





No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...