This blog is moving!
At last I have discovered a way to have my website and blog all in one place.
So from now on all new blog posts will be on my new website.
I'm still writing about the same sort of things, and you can still find the old posts on this page.

Thursday, 16 April 2015

Sky Colours.

Earlier on in the week I said I would post a blog about sky colours because it's a subject that crops up a lot for those of us who paint landscapes. 
We don't always put vast amounts of clear sky in our compositions and  most of us paint with colours a lot more low key than in this graphic. But when I'm struggling to nail those colours and make them credible this little exercise has proved very helpful.


I painted this on an off-cut of mount card. We have a lot around as Alan is a picture framer and a wizard with the mount cutter. I just can't seem to get the hang of the mount cutter, or any of the equipment for that matter!
The medium I used was inks. I used to paint with them a lot, in my spooky landscapes phase. I love the strong luminosity of colour, much better than watercolour.




No comments:

Post a Comment