Twilight. The Power of Blue.

I can't seem to get away from blue. It haunts my dreams, takes up lodgings in my wardrobe and influences so many aspects of my life. 
I even married a man with blue eyes!
Mary Kemp.
Tranquility
Oil on canvas panel.
30 x 30 cm
They say that each colour has an emotional significance and a quick trip round the internet tells me that blue symbolizes trust and loyalty, peace and heaven, wisdom, confidence and also points to good technology.
I just like blue because it reminds me of the sea and sky and a lovely dress I bought when I was 18. It was the colour of delphiniums and I have a piece of it sewn into a quilt.
p.s. An awful lot of my paintings are blue. Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...