Hot Off the Easel!

It suddenly occurred to me that winter is almost upon us and that dreaded/glorious season, Christmas, is looming large.
And to hurry on that feeling of wintery seasonality Dawn at Art in the Heart in Peterborough has been asking for work for an upcoming exhibition that will go on til after Christmas.
So I thought my Monday painting slot should feature one of my latest paintings that will be in the show.
Mary Kemp.
Border Collie in the Snow,
Under a Lilac Sky.
Oil on canvas panel
30 x 30 cm
A lot of my work is seaside based, and that to many people only means one thing, summer.
Because this is a Christmas show I thought I would paint a snowy picture or two. I couldn't quite get my head around snowfall  at the seaside. That may come later. But snow and trees feels more within my experience and somehow Grace the border collie has to be in there as well.

Exhibition opens with a big Christmas shopping launch on Monday 2nd November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...