Monday Painting. "We Cannot Tell You."

Sometimes a painting takes a long time to get to where it should be. I painted it one way and then another, and now I'm fairly content with this one. (Not that I'm ever totally satisfied)

Mary Kemp. "We Cannot Tell You"
Oil on canvas board 40 x 40 cm.

I had the idea of painting these two girls deep in conversation for quite a while. They were excluding everybody else and obviously didn't want to share their thoughts with the younger girl.
I have found that if you sit on the beach you can observe so many interesting little scenarios because people think it doesn't matter because no one knows you at the seaside. But of course everything that we do does matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...