Sometimes Drawing is Hard.

I've been away for a few days, on the east coast, lapping up the sea air and the sunshine.
I took my drawing kit, and this time added some pastel crayons and black paper.
This is some of what I drew.
There are occasions, quite a few, when things don't turn out as you would wish them. I had such high hopes of the pastel on black paper. It's worked in the past, but it proved just too ethereal and in the breezy conditions I smudged a lot of it.


It took me a few sessions to get settled and decide perhaps the pastel wasn't the one for this trip.
I tried pen and coloured pencils
on this drawing of Friary Hill
a scene I've drawn quite often before.
Then it was drawing with a pencil.
I post these drawings not because I think they're brilliant because quite frankly they're not, but because I wanted to show you when it's not going too well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...