New Paintings

It takes me a long time after I've finished a painting before I share it.
Of course it needs to dry. Then I look at it, think about it, perhaps add something, sometimes turn it to the wall in panic. It all eats up the days.
So now I want to share with you two paintings that have been "on the go" since the middle of last year.
mary kemp paddling not drowning
© Mary Kemp
"Paddling Not Drowning"
Oil on canvas 60 x 60 cm
The paddling part of this was inspired by the group with the dog on the edge of the beach at Southwold. I was on the pier and felt as though I was rushing out to sea as the waves washed forward onto the sand.

The second painting is of a boy trying to make his way over the pebbles but being handicapped by the dog snuffling at his feet. I did rather distort the colours on this  but then, what is real?

mar kemp boy and his dog
© Mary Kemp
"Boy and His Dog"
oil on board 60 x 50 cm (24 x 20 ins)
If you'd like to see more of this series of paintings visit my newly spruced up website at www.marykemp.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to Care for Prints

Dear fellow art lovers, I'm often asked by busy customers how to look after their prints once they've bought them. Prints are a ...